Lauren Naworski-Smith is an associate attorney in the firm’s Business Department. Lauren is a third-generation Bakersfield native and a graduate of Garces Memorial High School. She attended the University of California, Santa Barbara, where she graduated with honors while double majoring in Political Science and Communication and minoring in Professional Writing. Following graduation, Lauren interned for Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s office in Washington, DC, and interned for a private law firm before attending law school at Pepperdine University, where she earned a Faculty Scholar Award merit-based full tuition scholarship.
During her time at Pepperdine, Lauren was a member of the Pepperdine Law Review Journal, interned for the Arizona Diamondback’s legal department and externed for United States District Judge Hon. Frank R. Zapata of the United States District Court for the District of Arizona. She also earned her certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) from Pepperdine’s number one ranked ADR program. She graduated Cum Laude in 2019 and was admitted to the California State Bar that year.
Lauren is proud to be back in her home community, where she continues to develop her diverse business and civil law practice. When she is not busy in the office, Lauren enjoys traveling; wine tasting; going to the beach; attending church at St. John’s Lutheran Church; watching football, baseball, crime shows, and romantic comedies; and spending time with her friends and family, including her husband Tyler and their four dogs they have rescued together.
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, Santa Barbara, with honors, 2015
- B.A., Communication, University of California, Santa Barbara, with honors, 2015
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, cum laude, 2019
- Certificate, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law, cum laude, 2019
- California State Courts, 2019
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 2021
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, 2021
- Faculty Scholar Award, Merit-Based Full Tuition Scholarship; Pepperdine University School of Law
- Bakersfield Life Magazine’s/The Bakersfield Californian’s “20 Under 40” – 2021
- Five (5) CALI Excellence for the Future Awards [The CALI Excellence for the Future Award® is given to the highest scoring student in each law school class]