TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURIES
Wrongful Death – Automobile vs. Pedestrian
Brain Injury – Industrial Accident
Product Liability – Evaporative Cooler Fire
Brain Injury – Auto Accident
Wrongful Death – Automobile Accident
Wrongful Death – Oil Field Accident
Personal Injury – Forklift Accident
Auto Accident – Tire Separation
Bad Faith – Breach of Contract
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURIES
Damage to the Brain Can Have Lifelong Consequences
Traumatic Brain Injuries | Recent years have seen significant advances in how medical professionals understand brain trauma. Sports injuries once thought to be minor have been shown to produce major long-term effects. Damage from accidents that was once undetectable can now be seen with medical technology.
Traumatic Brain Injury has Many Different Causes
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is commonly the result of:
- Car accidents — The sudden, violent motion of a collision or direct impact against the skull can occur in a car, truck, motorcycle or other vehicle accidents.
- Athletic injuries — Even a no-contact sport, such as basketball, can result in severe harm to the brain.
- Slip and fall accidents — Everyone has tripped and stumbled at some point. However, a little bad luck can result in a serious and even permanent injury.
- Assault or abuse — Victims of violent fights, domestic abuse or child abuse often experience long-lasting effects.
- Medical malpractice — A medical error that deprives the brain of oxygen can cause permanent damage.
The lawyers at Young Wooldridge, LLP are adept at working with clients suffering from a TBI. If you have aftereffects from a blow to the head, personal injury attorneys at the firm can inform you about your right to compensation.
What Types of Traumatic Brain Injury Exist?
The following are the primary classifications for a TBI:
- Closed TBI — Closed-head injuries involve movement of the brain within the cranium. It commonly applies to athletic injuries, vehicle accidents, and slip and fall accidents.
- Open or “penetrating” TBI — This type of brain injury results from an object penetrating the skull. Most often, such a trauma wound is the result of violence.
Either category of TBI can involve:
|Fracture of the cranial bone
Blood clots, a dangerous and potentially fatal condition
Serious changes in function and control of other parts of the body
|Nerve damage to brain cells, resulting in decreased function
Deadly swelling or pressure inside the cranium
The long-term effects of TBI are only just beginning to be understood. Recent studies have linked TBI to depression, mood swings, aggressive and irrational behavior, and decreased coordination and memory years after the injury. The attorneys at Young Wooldridge, LLP can provide valuable counsel about brain injuries and your right to compensation. Also, if you lost a loved one as a result of a TBI, you may have a claim for wrongful death.
Contact a Dedicated Firm for a Free Initial Consultation about Traumatic Brain Injuries
ven minor head trauma is now understood to have serious long-term effects. Young Wooldridge, LLP provides legal services to clients suffering from serious accidents. If you or a loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury as the result of someone else’s actions, contact the firm at 661.327.9661 or online to schedule a free initial consultation with a personal injury attorney.
Se Habla Espanol.
A Law Firm Dedicated To Helping You Move Forward After An Accident
The attorneys at Young Wooldridge, LLP strive to return the lives of injured clients to the condition they were in prior to the incident and see every case through to the end. The firm is distinguished by:
Trial experience — The firm has handled numerous personal injury trials since 1939 and is known for fighting hard for clients in court.
Top-notch in-house investigator — Frank Wooldridge thoroughly reviews client cases to find critical details that others might miss. As an accident victim, you will personally meet with him to help your lawyer develop your case.
Full-service ability – There are times where one legal need will give rise to another. The lawyers of Young Wooldridge are always prepared to advise and support you in any aspect of your case.
Deep roots in the community — For 75 years, the attorneys at Young Wooldridge, LLP have protected the rights of local farmers, businesses, and community members. The firm proudly represents those facing complex legal challenges both in the courtroom and in the boardroom.
REQUEST A FREE CASE EVALUATION
YOUNG WOOLDRIDGE, LLP
1800 30TH STREET, FOURTH FLOOR BAKERSFIELD CA 93301