Scott D. Howry | Personal Injury and Business Law
Scott is a 20-year trial lawyer and has received the highest possible AV-rating by his peers as recognized by the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell publication. Scott’s trial skills, strategy, and preparation have resulted in numerous large verdicts and settlements for his clients. While the list is long, just a few very recent verdicts resulted in $16.2 million(wrongful death), $2.9 million(breach of contract), $1.8 million (property damage) as well as a recent $6 million settlement (brain injury). Scott‘s jury trial and court trial experience is extensive with numerous high profile trials with a very high success ratio. Scott specializes in catastrophic personal injury litigation, although he also has extensive experience in business litigation and transactions.
Scott D. Howry was born in Santa Monica, Calif. and was raised between Bakersfield and Agoura Hills. In 1990, Scott received his bachelor’s degree in political science from Claremont McKenna of the prestigious Claremont Colleges. He earned his juris doctorate three years later from Santa Clara Law School and wasted no time applying to the California State Bar. He was admitted later that year. Scott is a member of the Kern County Bar Association as well as a longtime member of the Consumer Attorney’s Association of Los Angeles. In 2007, Scott was recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star among California attorneys.
- B.A., Political Science, Claremont McKenna College, 1990
- J.D., Santa Clara Law School, 1993
- California State Bar, 1993
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, 1993
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1993
Business and Professional Associations:
- Kern County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
Honors, Awards & Achievements:
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV
- Named Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2007
- Coached Stockdale High School Mock Trial Team to 12 straight county titles and one state championship.