What Is It?
The Young Wooldridge “Personal History” Scholarship is a $1,500 scholarship offered to college students at any US university, college, community college, or trade school. Our firm knows the importance of continuing education, and we want to help a student with their journey.
Why “Personal History?”
Young Wooldridge is a Bakersfield, California based law firm founded in 1939. We have a long history in the Bakersfield and Kern County community, and we appreciate the history of the town, the people, and our own firm. We want students to have a chance to dive into their own histories, whether it’s focused on the place they come from, their ancestors, or a specific event. Ultimately, we want to know your stories.
How Does the Scholarship Work?
In order to enter the scholarship contest, students must write an original blog post between 500 and 1000 words. Students are encouraged to include multimedia in the form of pictures, graphics, videos, etc. The team at Young Wooldridge will review each entry and choose one winner.
What are the Rules?
There area few rules for entries:
- Submissions Should Be Between 500 and 1000 Words
- All work must be original and must be created by the student
- Students must be a senior in high school accepted to a university, college, or trade school OR already enrolled in a university, college, or trade school.
- We will require proof of enrollment, and funds will be sent to the student’s financial aid office
- Entries must be submitted by August 1st, 2021
How Will the Winner Be Chosen?
Young Wooldridge will select a winner based on originality, creativity, writing quality, and other factors.
When is the Deadline?
All Entries Must be Submitted by August 1st, 2021.
Submit Your Entry Here
Please submit your essay, proof of enrollment (transcripts or letter of admission), and financial aid office information.