Bakersfield Premises Liability and Slip and Fall Lawyers
Representing Clients In a Variety of Premises Liability Cases
Premises Liability | Premises liability refers to the responsibility of property owners regarding injuries occurring on their grounds as a result of improper maintenance or lack of warning. Owners are liable for injuries to known or anticipated guests if they fail to use the care a reasonable person would use to safeguard against hazards.
Our attorneys are experienced, determined, and dedicated to providing you with best legal representation possible. To get started on your case today, simply reach out for a free consultation.
What Kinds of Accidents are Covered by Premises Liability Law?
Owners may be liable for any kind of accident or injury on their property. Every year, lawyers handle a variety of cases involving the following:
- Slip and fall accidents — Stumbling on an object may seem like an everyday occurrence, but sometimes it results in serious injuries. If you fell in a shopping mall, grocery store or even on a sidewalk outside someone’s home, you may have a valid claim against the person or company that owns the property.
- Construction hazards — Construction sites are perilous places, and unsecured equipment, exposed pipes, inadequate lighting and other dangers often cause serious injuries.
- Leased residential property — Landlords have a general duty to make repairs to property they lease to another person. Tenants or guests on residential property who are hurt because of a dangerous condition may be entitled to compensation.
- Violent crime — People who fall victim to violent acts on someone else’s property can potentially recover from the landowner if the owner did not take reasonable security precautions.
Many other property accidents fall under the umbrella of premises liability. If you suffered a personal injury caused by a hazard on another person’s land, lawyers knowledgeable in this area of the law can help.
You may be Surprised by what Constitutes Premises Liability
Landowners can be held liable for almost anything on their property. Some sources of injuries are more common than others:
- Burst pipes,
- Open pits or uneven surfaces,
- Exposed wiring,
- Failure to warn or mark a construction area,
- Dangerous chemicals or other substances,
- Defects in a building’s structure,
- Standing water or mildew,
- Asbestos or other hazardous material; and
- Substandard construction practices.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can explain more about your right to legal recovery after an accident.
Contact Highly Regarded Attorneys for a Free Initial Consultation Regarding Premises Liability in California
A property owner may be responsible for your injuries. If you were involved in an accident on someone else’s property, call The Law Offices of Young Wooldridge, LLP. The lawyers at the firm provide valuable legal advice to accident victims seeking compensation for their injuries.
If you were hurt and want to know more about your legal rights and options, contact the law office in Bakersfield at 661.327.9661 or online for a free initial consultation.