Partner | Personal Injury
Ned Dunphy was born in New York, but moved to Toronto, Canada when he was a young child. He attended school in Canada and one year at the University of Toronto. In 1983, he accepted an invitation from Cesar Chavez to attend a law school program established under the authority of the California State Bar’s Law Office Study program. Ned studied law and worked under the supervision of the union’s General Counsel, doing labor negotiations, contract administration and arbitration. In 1987, Ned passed the California Bar Exam and was admitted to practice law.
In 1990, Ned left labor and employment law and has spent the last 25 years committed to personal injury. He represents people who have been injured in everything from car accidents, to complex machinery failures to medical malpractice. During the years Ned worked with Cesar Chavez, he became conversant in Spanish– a skill set that has allowed him to better understand and represent the historically under-served immigrant community.
Like many personal injury lawyers, Ned believes lawyers can make a positive difference in people’s lives by making work place practices safer and holding manufacturers accountable for poorly designed and unsafe products. Ned has had the privilege to be part of team of lawyers that has successfully changed the way many companies create their products so they enter the marketplace in a much safer design.
When Ned is not busy at work or volunteering in community activities, Ned enjoys traveling with his wife and three daughters exploring the different countries and cultures of the world.
- Attended St. Michael’s College at the University of Toronto 1982 then moved to California where he tested out of College and entered the Law Office Study Program authorized and monitored by the State Bar of California for 4 years of study and work experience.
- California State Bar, 1987
- United States District Court, Northern District of California, 1987
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, 1987
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1987
Business and Professional Associations:
- Kern County Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Greater Bakersfield Legal Aid, (Former) Board of Directors
- United Way’s Bakersfield Couples Against Cancer Oktoberfest, (Former) President