MARK R. BATEMAN
Partner | Business Law
Mark R. Bateman is a partner in the Business Department. Mark’s practice encompasses real estate and business law, business transactions and business litigation. He represents clients across a variety of industries including agri-businesses, oil and gas producers and service companies, real estate owners/developers, construction firms, healthcare entities, financial institutions, brokers, fiduciaries, trustees, and public-entities.
Mark assists clients with matters involving real property development and management, construction, asset acquisition and disposition, leasing, entity formation and governance, structuring business relationships, contractual matters, title issues, mineral and water rights, environmental issues, financing and other business issues.
Prior to moving his family back to Bakersfield in 2004, Mark spent more than a decade with the Los Angeles office of Morrison & Foerster.
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Southern California, magna cum laude, 1988
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law, Order of the Coif, 1991
- State Bar of California, 1991
- United States District Court, Central and Eastern Districts of California
- California State Bar (Vice Chair of Agribusiness Committee, Business Law Section)
- Bakersfield Association of Professional Landmen (member)
- Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce (member of its Board of Directors and its General Counsel)
- Rotary Club of Bakersfield (member and past director)
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Kern County (member of its Board of Directors and member of its Executive Committee)