Attorney | Water Law
Attorney | Water Law
Inderraj “Raj” Singh is an associate attorney in the Water and Special Districts Department. Raj was born and raised in Punjab, India. At 15, Raj and his family moved to Los Angeles, where he finished his high school education. In 2011, Raj joined the United States Air Force and worked as a Public Health Technician. There, he was responsible for gathering medical intelligence on environmental issues and health hazards for deploying personnel, advising Public Health Officer and Medical Group Commander on prevention and safety measures, and implementing measures ensuring OSHA compliance and Department of Defense standards. Raj received many awards and commendations for his dedicated service, including the Air Force Commendation Medal, two Air Force Achievement Medals, the Diamond Sharp Award, and was named Airman of the Quarter in his squadron and group.
While Raj served in the Air Force, he attended American Military University and graduated with his Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Studies in 2016. Following graduation, Raj went on to obtain his Juris Doctor and his Certificate of Dispute Resolution from Pepperdine University School of Law. There, he was a CALI Award Recipient in Selected Issues in Dispute Resolution and Products Liability, served as Public Affairs Officer of the Veterans Legal Society, Immigration Chair of the National Lawyers Guild, and was a member of the Space Law Society. He graduated in 2019 and was admitted to the California State Bar later that year.
Raj believes that as a lawyer and counselor, his primary purpose is to provide cost-effective solutions that are in the best interest of his clients. As a member of Young Wooldridge’s Water and Special Districts department, he will apply his knowledge and experience to assist the firm’s clients with water resource and related matters, including matters that involve water rights, contract, property, public agency, and environmental law issues.
Raj is a history and space enthusiast and enjoys reading about the subjects in his spare time. Outside of the office, he loves spending time with his family.
- J.D., Pepperdine Law School, 2019
- B.S., Major: Legal Studies, American Military University, 2016
- California State Bar, 2019
Honors, Awards & Achievements:
- CALI Award in Selected Issues in Dispute Resolutions and Product Liability, Pepperdine Law School
- The Air Force Commendation Medal, Meritorious Service; United States Air Force
- The Air Force Achievement Medal, Meritorious Service; United States Air Force
- The Air Force Achievement Medal, 1st Oak Leaf Cluster: Outstanding Achievement; United States Air Force
- Airman of the Quarter (Squadron)
- Airman of the Quarter (Group)
- Diamond Sharp Award (Wing)
Professional and Community Associations:
- Kern County Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association