Partner | Personal Injury
Gregory A. Muir | Greg specializes in catastrophic and serious personal injury, wrongful death, traumatic brain and burn injury, major orthopedic injury, products liability, psychotherapist malpractice (sexual abuse), children’s injuries and special education law. He firmly believes that personal involvement with his clients is the key to proper representation. He takes the time to understand and empathize with his clients injuries, allowing for more effective and satisfying advocacy. Greg maintains that his philosophy in accepting and handling cases is that he would like to make a positive difference in his clients’ lives to the highest possible extent.
Greg stays abreast of the latest trends and developments in his profession through membership in several business and professional associations. He is a member of the Kern County Bar Association, California State Bar Association, and Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles. He was active on the Board of Directors for the Henrietta Weill Child Guidance Clinic and served as Board President during part of his two terms; served as a judge in the Bakersfield Teen Court; and has coordinated youth ministries and served as Moderator of the Board for the First Congregational Church of Bakersfield. Currently, he sits on the Board of Goodwill Industries of South Central California, chairing the mission services committee.
Greg A. Muir earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from UCLA. He then migrated to the bay area where he attended the University of San Francisco, earning his Juris Doctorate. While at USF, Greg earned moot court honors for excellence in oral advocacy.
When he is not busy at work or volunteering in the community, Greg enjoys spending time with his wife, Katy. The two are die hard dog lovers who moved from simply loving collies to, more recently, adopting rescued puppies. They have two sons, Myles and Casey. Greg also enjoys traveling, sailing, sports, music, reading, and just about anything Celtic.
- B.A., Political Science, University of California at Los Angeles, 1972
- J.D., University of San Francisco, 1980
- California State Bar, 1982
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, 1982
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1982
- United States District Court, Southern District of California, 1982
Business and Professional Associations:
- Kern County Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Board of Directors— Henrietta Weill Child Guidance Clinic; Former President
- Judge Teen Court
- First Congregational Church; numerous leadership positions
- Independent Living Center of Kern County, past president and Charter Board Member
Honors, Awards & Achievements:
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: BV
- Moot Court Honors for Excellence in Oral Advocacy at University of San Francisco
- Greg has been a part of numerous speaking engagements to local organizations on a variety of personal injury topics.
- Presenter, 2008; Annual Conference of the California Brain Injury Association, Legal Issues Surrounding Pediatric Brain Injury