AUTOMOBILE AND MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
A PROFICIENT ATTORNEY CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN A CAR OR MOTORCYCLE WRECK CASE
Automobile and Motorcycle Accidents | Almost every driver is involved in a car accident at some point. Although some are minor fender-benders, others leave victims with major injuries, in addition to medical costs not covered by insurance and limited transportation options. Motorcycle accidents can be far worse, often resulting in serious long-term injuries.
Young Wooldridge, LLP provides representation to accident victims in Bakersfield and the surrounding area. If you were injured in a car, motorcycle or other vehicle accident, experienced personal injury attorneys can help you recover damages.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER A CAR OR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT?
There are certain things you must do, and other things you should avoid, if you are a motorist involved in an accident:
- Call the police or paramedics — It is important to stay at the scene of an accident and wait for authorities to respond. Even if the collision seems minor at first, do not attempt to leave the scene.
- Do not make any statements about the crash to the other driver — Statements about the cause of an accident and apologies to the other party can be misconstrued as an admission of responsibility.
- Do not accept an offer to handle the matter out of court — The other driver may not wish to file an insurance claim and may even offer to pay for the damage personally. Do not accept such offers. They may complicate your options for legal recourse later, and all of your damages may not be apparent right after the car accident.
- Get the other driver’s information — Make sure you get the other motorist’s full name, contact information, insurance information and, if possible, driver license number.
- Get a police report — A police report is an important item of evidence regarding accident details.
- Speak with a personal injury lawyer — If you were involved in a car or motorcycle crash, you have legal rights and options. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Young Wooldridge, LLP can advise you about your eligibility for compensation and your next steps.
Sometimes car accidents are not a result of driver error. Defective car parts may be the true culprit. Young Wooldridge, LLP has an outstanding investigator on its team who can review every detail of your situation and discover important facts others might miss.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS OFTEN INVOLVE SEVERE AND TRAUMATIC INJURIES
Motorcycle accidents in California have steadily increased in recent years. The California Highway Patrol concluded that fatal accidents involving motorcycles grew 175 percent between 1998 and 2008. The exposed nature of riding leaves bikers vulnerable to injuries such as:
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Muscle Stain and Whiplash
Spinal and Back Injuries
Severe Burns and Scrapes
Motorcyclists may find that they have limited insurance coverage for their injuries. If this is your situation, it is vital that you speak with an attorney who can determine whether you are entitled to additional compensation for medical costs and other damages you sustained.
CONTACT A LAW FIRM HIGHLY EXPERIENCED IN CAR AND MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CASES FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
It is critical to speak with an attorney after a vehicle accident of any kind. Young Wooldridge, LLP represents Californians involved in accidents in Bakersfield and the surrounding areas. Contact the firm at 661.327.9661 or online to schedule a free initial consultation about your situation.
Se Habla Espanol