Accidents by their very nature occur suddenly and without warning. An accident can result in a personal injury while performing the most routine activities that you may have done hundreds of times without incident. On other occasions, personal injuries can happen when we attempt some new skill, chore or activity. Depending on the circumstances of your personal injury accident, you may be able to file a legal claim for damages.
What Are the Most Common Personal Injury Claims in California?
California residents in and around Bakersfield experience accidents every day as they go about their daily lives. Some of the personal injury cases we see routinely at The Law Offices of Young Wooldridge, LLP include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Car Accidents – These are by far the most frequent cause of personal injuries throughout California. According to Driver Knowledge, approximately 2 million drivers experience permanent injuries due to car accidents every single year. The negligence of another driver can cause catastrophic injuries in a matter of moments. If you are involved in a car accident and incur a personal injury, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Uneven or unsafe walkways are a hazard in busy public thoroughfares and places of business. Loose objects or weather conditions can cause slip and fall accidents. People often slip and fall because of unsafe surfaces or walkways in public places. If someone’s negligent care of a public walkway contributes to your personal injury accident, you should contact a personal injury attorney to determine if you have a case or not.
- Premises Liability – Premises liability laws are in place to protect the public from accidents in public, commercial buildings, and other places. Basically, the owner or store manager has a responsibility to take all reasonable actions to ensure that the store is free of obstacles or other means by which patrons could become injured. If an injury takes place on public or commercial property, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Dog Bites – California laws require pet owners to keep their pets safely under control at all times. If a pet is not properly restrained and causes you an injury, this is considered negligence under California law. If you sustain a serious injury due to a dog bite, you should consult a personal injury attorney to assist in filing a claim for financial remuneration to cover medical expenses and other damages.
- Defective Products – Defective products that are improperly designed or made at the factory can sometimes slip through quality control and be sold to unsuspecting individuals. If you purchase a new product and use it properly, and incur an injury from it, you have the right to file a personal injury claim against the manufacturer, and in some cases, the store where the item was purchased.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Bakersfield
The Personal Injury Attorneys at the Law Offices of Young Wooldridge, LLP have experience in assisting clients with claims for all types of personal injury. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of another, call us today at 661-327-9661 to schedule a consultation about your possible personal injury claim or fill out our online form.